Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Tuesday, January 17, 2012

7 weeks

My new weeks begin on Tuesdays for anyone keeping track. :) I haven't decided yet how I will post - if I will save the draft for a week to capture all of my notes at once, or if I will edit posts throughout the week as things come up. So far I'm saving everything up and posting at the end of the week. (Today is actually the beginning of week 8.)

I was nauseous every day during week 6 and threw up for the first time on the first day of week 7. I have had a couple of cousins tell me this is when it hit for them too. But then on day two I had no sickness at all! This is hard to get used to - you just never know what to expect. :) Week 7 held a couple of very nauseous days (I missed work one day because I tried for an hour to get ready and ran out of hot water because I couldn't stand up long enough to TAKE a shower!) but for the most part, I've been able to curb it. I've noticed that the temperature of my shower has a bit to do with it and I've started taking lukewarm showers in the mornings. I do a lot of gagging but so far have only thrown up twice.

We have still been slowly telling people. Steve loves telling his passengers, especially the little old ladies. He's having a great time with it. We were talking about the baby last weekend and he kept saying "she." I commented on it and he said, "Oh. I forgot to tell you, I think it's a girl!" When I asked Jordan what he thinks the baby is he said, "Well, I really want a brother. But I really think it's a sister!" I have had two people tell me they think it's a boy and about 15 people tell me they think it's a girl. :) Time will tell! I have had one boy dream so far and several dreams about babies in general, but most of them are not gender specific. (I've also noticed that I sleep a lot lighter now.) I dream a lot about breastfeeding, which I think is funny. It's one of the things I'm looking forward to the most.

My stomach is itchy again this week and is starting to feel tight, like things are stretching a little. I have been wearing a Bella band with one of my pairs of work pants because it's just more comfortable that way. As soon as I get home from work I change into sweats or yoga pants. I don't like feeling restricted. I told Steve last night, "Look, I can't suck my stomach flat anymore" and he replied, "You're squishing the baby, stop! That can't be good for it!" He is so funny. When looking in the mirror I can see that my stomach has actually started to grow and there is that depth line just above my hips. When I reach above my head I can feel that things are tighter around my middle.

I have been looking at baby furniture and supplies and would really like to do the nursery in a "woodland" theme with an emphesis on owls and hedgehogs. For anyone who knows me, this should not come as a surprise. ;) I would love to paint a tree on the wall (or use a decal) and accent with browns and greens and, depending on the baby's gender, pinks or blues. It's all very exciting to think about!

Steve has been absolutely amazing the last couple of weeks. He picks up the slack around the house, especially with packing Jordan's lunches and closing up the house at night when I just can't wait to crawl into bed and sack out. He never complains when we run out of silverware because I just can't find the energy to do the dishes. He also rubs my back when I'm not feeling well and gives me lots of sympathy. I sure do love him!

No comments:

Post a Comment