Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

19 weeks


Here we are, just goin' along! :) I like being pregnant. It agrees with me. I look at friends around me and think about how blessed I am and how easy I've had it. Sickness and problems have been minimal and most days are smooth sailing.

My biggest complaint this week (and it's actually a big one) is lower back and hip soreness. I wake up feeling fine and by 11am or so, I'm practically hobbling because my hips are so sore. There are times when I stand up at work and have to adjust my posture and my stance several times before I can even take a step because everything has locked up. Not fun! I have questions about chiropractic care on my list for my next doctor appointment. I don't know what Kaiser offers in the way of chiropractic but by golly, I'm going to find out. I also borrowed an exercise ball from my parents and I'm hoping that spending a lot of time sitting on that will help.

I've started sleeping with more pillows at night - one between my knees, another behind my back and a little tiny one under my belly. They don't always stay there and I still end up on my back a lot, but I try!

I'm still drinking TONS of milk. I probably go through about a gallon by myself every 5 days or so.

I lost half of my belly button this week! I've always had an innie (really, quite a severe one) and now the top half just blends right into my belly and doesn't go in at all. ;) I also have the very beginnings of the dark line above my belly button (can't remember the long Latin name of the line). I feel bigger in the evenings and some days I look in the mirror and go, "WHAT!!!!!" I love it but it's so surreal sometimes. :)

Baby is moving lots more these days! I would say I probably feel him/her 5 or 6 times a day and can easily tell the difference between baby movement and stomach gurgling (like when I'm hungry!). It's all the time now, not just when I'm lying down or sitting.

We find out the sex very soon!! Stay tuned this weekend for the big gender announcement. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment