Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

18 weeks


I've still been really emotional this week (I forgot to mention that last week when I posted about the wedding!). I cry easily and I get irritated easily. Luckily not as much at my family these days, more so at rude people at work or idiot drivers. ;) One day this week was especially bad. I was having a meltdown in the car and I could not stop crying, no matter how hard I tried. I was in the passenger seat and I opened the glove box to retrieve a napkin or something to wipe my face with. Apparently I didn't get the glove box closed all the way because about a minute later it fell open, bashing me in the knees. OH THE SOBS! I felt really bad for Steve at how hysterical I was being and I remember thinking to myself, "These cars passing us on the freeway are going to think I've been kidnapped and am utterly losing it!" Thankfully Steve is SO patient with me when these ridiculous moments strike. I'm so thankful for him.

Last week my mom and sister and I had a great time at my cousin-in-law Ashley's baby shower. They had a co-ed shower with lots of friends and family and it was tons of fun. My cousin Brinton is a hoot and kept the room laughing during gift opening. They got some really adorable stuff for baby Presley and I can't wait to meet her! I'm posting a picture of Ashley and I because I know a lot of my Cary cousins read this blog. :)

Ashley at 33 weeks, me at 18 weeks

I'm still getting mild headaches a few days a week. This week it's getting harder to do things like bend over to tie my shoes, or raise my leg when I'm shaving in the shower. Bending over and getting up and down at work are becoming more challenging too.

I have been feeling baby move more this week! The movements have changed from subtle barely-noticeable flutters to actual movements that I can detect. So far I haven't gotten a reaction any time I've pressed on my stomach but I can tell the baby has wake and sleep patterns and I feel movements most in the morning and evening. They are no longer only when I'm laying or sitting really still and I feel them pretty much every day. It's very exciting! Steve said there was one night last week when I was sleeping and he had his hand on my stomach and he's pretty sure he was feeling movement too. I haven't felt anything from the outside yet but I usually don't have my hands on my stomach when it happens.
People who don't know I'm pregnant are starting to mention things in the halls at work... I had one doctor see me in the cafeteria last week and he gasped and said, "Ohhhhh! What did I just see?!" Many friends and coworkers will stop me in the hall to tell me how cute I look or to touch my belly. Thankfully I don't mind people that I know touching my stomach so that hasn't been an issue yet. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment