Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Thursday, February 2, 2012

10 weeks


I've been "sick" a lot more this week. What this usually means is that something triggers my stomach during my morning shower (clearing my throat will do it) and I end up on the bottom of the tub, dry heaving for several minutes. I feel lucky that I don't throw up stomach bile (sorry, TMI!) but the dry heaving sure does leave my stomach muscles sore. It also leaves me extra hungry!

Other symptoms this week are sleeping lightly, gagging, being hungry all the time, gagging, having a low patience level, a small bit of nesting (we started the room swapping process) and gagging. I find that I gag more (or get nauseous) if I wait to long to eat, which is very easy to do as I'll feel fine one minute and the next minute I feel like I could eat a hippo.

The baby still does not like Local Boyz and also does not like avocado (which is a real bummer because I love avocado). The baby DOES like pasta!

People have been noticing my bump this week. I ran into an old coworker (Jim Beecroft) who retired last year (and was good friends with Dorothy). I hadn't seen him in a few months and couldn't remember if I had seen him since Christmas. He looked at my stomach right off the bat and said, "How are you?" I smiled and asked him if I had told him our news. He said, "No, but I bet I can guess what it is!" He was very excited for us. A few friends will now come up and rub my stomach, which doesn't bother me at all.

My drinks of choice are still MILK and ice water. I used to hate ice water because the cold would hurt my teeth. Now my water has to be super cold and I'm surprised at how much sipping ice water can curb nausea or gagging. I try to drink a lot of water but most days only manage about 32 ounces (which still feels like a lot for me). I get a little extra fluid with my multiple glasses of milk each day.

I went through my friends list on Facebook last week and found that I have 14 pregnant friends! 4 of them are cousins and almost everyone is due before me.

My Bible study has 8 women in it. 5 of us are married and ALL FIVE OF US are pregnant! This strikes me as absolutely hilarious, as well as extremely fun. Maybe there IS something in the water over there!

No comments:

Post a Comment