Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

14 weeks


I still have not gained any weight during this pregnancy. I also started tracking what I eat and have noticed that I eat a LOT of starch (what can I say, I love pasta!) and a lot of cheese. I have quite a bit of fruit, usually with breakfast (whole fruit, yogurt, organic juice, etc.) but I am seriously slacking in the veggie department. I've read that half of my plate at dinner should be vegetables and I'm lucky if I even eat vegetables some days. It's horrible! Especially since I love vegetables! Someone suggested that I get those veggies through juicing, so I think I will pull out my juicer this week and try some different combos. Carrot juice sounds great - I love that stuff!

I'm also trying to increase my water intake, which is also pathetic. On a good day I will fill my 32oz jug in the morning and drink it all that day. On a REALLY good day I will refill it and sometimes drink another 10 or 12 ounces before the end of the day. But seriously, that's lame. I should be drinking THREE of these things a day!

Another symptom I noticed this week is headaches. I get e-mail updates every couple of days and a couple of weeks ago I was getting updates about headaches. I thought maybe that was a symptom I had escaped but it seems that I was just a little late in getting to that one...

I've still been emotional this week, but a little less so (thank goodness). I still sleep very lightly and am getting tired of sleeping with earlplugs because they make my ears sore after a few days. Steve is supposed to schedule a sleep study in the near future and I'm hopeful that they will diagnose him with sleep apnea and prescribe a CPAP machine for sleeping. *fingers crossed*

Our 14 week ultrasound was rescheduled because Aslan has been VERY sick this week. We will go at 15w5d instead and she said we may get to find out the sex at that appointment. :) We also have a routine OB appointment scheduled for 15w1d and it's with a different physician than that horrible one we saw the last time. Who, by the way, wrote us a letter back! I will try to post our letters and her reply at some point, but she basically apologized for coming across the way she did, used the phrase "find a baby first" (one of the things I had commented that made us so mad) and hopes that we will come back to see her (not a chance) but she understands if we would rather see the other physicians at the practice. I was appreciative of her reply but had a good chuckle over her horrible grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment