Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

17 weeks


This was a very busy week!

I finally started gaining weight! I wouldn't say that I'm excited about this, but it was kind of nice to see the number on the scale increase just a little bit, especially since my doctor seemed surprised at my last visit that I weighed the exact same amount that I had at the visit before.

My cousin Stacy got married! I was a bridesmaid in her sports themed wedding and the entire day was a blast. It was so exciting to be a part of her special day and to see her marry her best friend! (And a great guy at that.) I'm totally bummed that I didn't get a picture of her and I but I'm hoping to post an album to Facebook soon.


During the reception Steve asked me if I wanted a glass of wine. Jordan looked at him and goes, "She's pregnant!" Steve chuckled and said, "Oh yeah..." and Jordan gave him the most perplexed look. It was hilarious.

We were watching a TV show this week and the man's wife went into labor while he was at work. He hung up the phone and said, "She's having contractions, I've gotta go." Jordan looked at me and said, "So... she's in labor?" I said yes and he sighed and said, "Man... that's going to be so weird when that happens to us..."

Jordan is awesome at giving foot massages! I asked him one evening if he would rub my feet and he said, "Sure, but not for free." I asked how much he would charge and he told me he would give me 25 minutes for a quarter and 50 minutes for two quarters. I laughed and asked if he realized that was only one cent per minute. I had him rub my feet for one minute and then said, "There, you just earned yourself a penny!" He laughed too and I told him I would give him a quarter for 5 minutes and two quarters for 10 minutes. He replied, "Ok, I'll start tomorrow."

The next day I asked him if he wanted to rub my feet and I got quite a nice foot rub for 50 cents! I'm thrilled about this...

I did have one "incident" during week 17... I had been puke-free for awhile and the gagging had mostly subsided, save for an isolated episode here and there. One day I was at work and we were extremely short staffed. It was just one other person and I in the front office and she had gone to lunch (thank goodness because this would have been super embarrassing if I wasn't alone). I started to feel a little nauseous and I thought that was weird because it came out of nowhere and I had just finished a yogurt a little while earlier so my stomach wasn't empty (not to mention, I had also had breakfast that morning). The phone rang and I answered it. I listened to the person on the other end, all the while trying not to gag and quietly sipping ice water. All of a sudden I blurted out, "Can you please hold" and pressed the hold button right as I grabbed the trash can and threw up. It was awful!! I was able to compose myself and finish the phone call but holy smokes, that was not a situation I hope to repeat!

Headaches have continued this week, probably about every other day. I'm still trying to increase my water intake and have been doing better. I'm hoping this will keep helping with the headaches too.

Here's another photo that I'm posting just for laughs. This is what I saw the last time I went to my parents' house, created out of their fridge word magnets.

 Thanks, guys. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment