Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 9, 2012

24 weeks


I'm still getting leg cramps this week - boo. I do think the calcium/magnesium is helping, as well as doing leg stretches before bed each night. But the supplements also caused swelling in my fingers and toes (not something I'm a fan of!) so I've started taking it every other day instead of every day (this seems to be helping).

I've had lots of people commenting this week that I'm small for being 6 months pregnant. I've been telling them that I'm BARELY 6 months so give me some time. Sheesh, people sure are opinionated! Some days I'll hear from a couple of people that I'm small and a couple of people that I'm looking bigger and I've decided that's like telling someone, "Wow, your hair sure is black!" or "My, your face is round". I mean, really. I will never understand why it's ok to share your every opinion with a pregnant lady when you wouldn't normally say something like that to just anyone. Luckily I'm not super sensitive about things like that!

My mom got to feel the baby move this week! Peyton was doing her acrobats (she does them most when I'm laying down or sitting kind of reclined onto my left side) and Mom was able to feel, which she thought was pretty cool. She sent a picture of her hand on my stomach to my sister, getting the response, "Sooooo jealous!"

My weight gain had started out pretty slow (I was always several pounds behind the low number in the "normal" range) but it started picking up recently. Now I'm right in the normal range, and I hope to stay there! Steve loves to guess my weight whenever we go in for an appointment. It's kind of eerie how close he comes to the correct number (even adding in the decimal place) since I don't often tell him my weight off of our scale at home!

One of my good friends had her baby shower this week and the activity was decorating onesies for her little man. (I'm totally stealing this idea for my own shower because it's soooo much better than awkward baby shower games!) She is naming her little guy Sam so I made this onesie for him. I was so proud of it and she told me that her husband LOVED it. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment