Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

27 weeks


I've been trying really hard to slow down this week and take it easy more. I was SO exhausted after the wedding and actually had a really pathetic week at work (it was a 4 day work week with Memorial day and I only worked TWO days).

I also struggled quite a bit with hypoglycemia this week and that sent me home from work one morning (after I vomited 4 times, luckily making it TO the bathroom, though that was as far as I got). I was shaky, jittery and HOT as could be. My blood pressure was normal (I'm always on the low end of normal anyway) and my pulse seemed really high, but it turns out it was normal too and I had just forgotten that your pulse is higher when you're pregnant because you're pumping so much extra blood. Once I got home and ate the right things I started to feel much better. I'm now trying to pack tons of protein into my breakfasts along with my regular fruit and yogurt.

Also, I no longer eat strawberries for the time being...

I have been watching my belly for stretch marks (totally cannot see the underside of it anymore) and haven't come across any yet, but I was surprised to see several on my breasts this week. Guess I hadn't been looking for THOSE!

I've developed quite a lovely case of acid reflux. I got lots of tips on things to do (and not do) to help control that and so far the most helpful has been to take papaya enzymes. One of my cousins had some leftover from her pregnancy (she had her baby in April) and brought them over for me. Bonus: they're delicious! (I also heard the celery is really good at helping with that so I'm packing some with peanut butter in my lunch this week.)

My mom and I did a mini "practice" photo shoot this week because she wants to take some maternity photos in a month or two. I decided to wear my red Converse sneakers to match the red t-shirt I had on and had totally forgotten that I had not tied a pair of shoes in about two weeks. Holy moly, that was a workout! It should not be that hard to put on a pair of shoes. ;)

My belly button is very much an outie now, no question about it. I'll try to post a picture of it through my shirt sometime soon. It makes me laugh.

One random thing that happened this week:
I was walking down the hall at work and a lady waiting for the elevator was really staring intently at my stomach. I thought that was sort of strange since I definitely did not know this woman. She finally looked up at my face and asked me, "Are you having a baby girl?"
Um, yes.......

I took a video of my stomach this week so I'm posting it here for fun. Watch right around the :09, :19 and :39 second marks to see Peyton jumping around. Watch just to the right of the center (kind of between the folds in my shirt). It's kind of subtle in the video, but it still makes me laugh.


1 comment:

  1. Video is not SO subtle! I see her! But then, I know what to look for. And it gives me these weird phantom feelings. ;)

    That was the one super cool thing about pregnancy which I honestly loved - seeing them move. During the daytime. ;)

    ReplyDelete