Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

26 weeks



I grew again this week. People noticed.

My sister got married!!!! You can't see my belly in this picture but I love it and thought I should post it. :)


When Stacy got married in March I wore the dress I had originally planned, even though it wasn't a maternity dress. I had thought it might still be ok in May and even tried it on a couple of weeks before the wedding and still thought it might be ok. But the week of the wedding when I tried it on again it became QUITE obvious that there was no way in heck that I would be wearing that dress. Luckily (oh, thank God) one of Stacy's bridesmaids had been 6 months pregnant and had said that I could borrow her dress if I needed to (Stacy and Kendra chose the same color for their bridesmaids). I did pin it quite a bit because it was too loose but it ended up being perfect and it was so nice to be able to breathe! The day ended up being pretty warm (ok, not that warm, just warm to a pregnant woman) so I was glad for the extra room and the flowy fabric.

One of my favorite quotes from Kendra's wedding day came from my mom's cousin Linda. When I went over to say hi she exclaimed, "You look great! Your face isn't even puffy!" This totally cracked me up. :)

I still have swollen feet and fingers, mostly in the evenings. They're not super bad, just kind of uncomfortable. I did take my wedding ring off this week because it was getting much more difficult to do so. I'm wearing my "backup" ring (a band with our three birthstones in it) for the time being because it's a half size bigger. I'm sure in a few weeks as the summer heats up that will be coming off, too!

The baby turned towards the end of this week, making one day really uncomfortable because of the way she was positioned. Every time I stood up I would wince at her pressing on my various organs. I noticed her kicking much lower, too. (Up until now she mostly kicked me on my right side.) Thankfully by the next day she had turned again (though not back to her original position).

One day this week we were talking about the pregnancy and Jordan asked me, "So... what point are you at now?" I asked what he meant and he said, "How many weeks?" I told him 26 and he thought and said, "Hmm. When we went to OMSI you were 24." He's exactly right, too. We had gone to the display with all the babies (for those of you who don't know, they have actual fetuses displayed up to somewhere around 30 or 32 weeks gestation) and I had showed him what point our baby was at. It was incredibly fascinating to see this display and see just how much our baby looks like a BABY. Steve was born at around 26 weeks so this was really eye opening as well. I'm surprised at how much Jordan is following along with the pregnancy, since I don't talk to him directly about it as much as I do with Steve. He picks up on a lot!

(As a "note to self" part of this post I'm adding in that I developed a yeast infection this week. Sorry, TMI I know, but this is my journal! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment