Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

32 weeks


When people ask me when my due date is, I have stopped saying "the end of August" and have started saying "in 8 weeks." It makes it seem much shorter. ;)

I have developed a numb spot at the top of my belly, just under my breasts and mostly on the right side. Apparently this comes from nerves being squished (or moved around) and I find it incredibly annoying. :) (Sometimes it's also tingly, like when your hand or foot falls asleep.)

I am not liking the summer heat AT ALL! I know Oregon has seriously wussy summers and that it's not really that hot, though we did have a few days in the low 90's this week. I have a hard time staying cool and sleep with fans pointed at me. You know, when I sleep. ;) I take naps most afternoons but don't sleep very well at night, tossing and turning a lot (and still getting up to pee every morning at 3am).

I have begun eating smaller portions more often because my stomach is running out of room! Still having acid reflux and still taking OTC meds for it (and they're still helping).

I eat Starbucks caramel mochiato ice cream pretty much every single night. I limit myself to 1/3 of a pint. ;)

I started getting Braxton-Hicks contractions this week, though I didn't realize that's what they were until I had been having them for a few days. I would describe them as uncomfortable but not painful. Some days I don't have any and other days I have a dozen or so. The baby is active after one finishes.

Steve is SURE the baby will be here early and when I say we have 8 weeks left, he "corrects" me and says we have 6. In some ways this is funny but in others it's not because if I get my mind set on having 6 weeks left and then she's not early (or is late!), I will be upset. ;) I'm trying hard to ignore his sure-ness in her being early. ;)

My fingers and toes are still swollen at the end of the day, though not visibly noticeable most of the time. They feel puffy and fat and hard to bend. I try to soak them in cold water and I find that I ALWAYS wash my hands in cold water now. I do the dishes in hot water but rinse them in cold. I take warm showers but not hot ones (I never run out of hot water when I shower after Steve now!). I drink ICE water most of the time (which I didn't used to like because it hurt my teeth). I prefer cold meals to hot ones. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment