Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

31 weeks


Peyton turned this week! She is now head down and loves to punch my bladder just as much as she liked to kick it. Stinker. Her kicks are getting STRONG and my ribs are certainly not thanking her any, though it is pretty fun to feel them from the outside. She also gets tons of hiccups (one day I counted that she had them 7 different times).

I'm really starting to "feel" pregnant now. Not that I didn't before, but when I used to imagine being pregnant, I think it was this stage that I imagined. :) Where people notice your belly and don't have to wonder if you're pregnant, where you can feel (and see) the baby moving around, where you're in that "getting ready" stage...

After the baby shower I did about 5 loads of laundry, I swear. Folding all of those blankets and sorting tiny clothes by size was fun. ;)

I did a lot of reading up on labor and delivery this week (What to Expect When You're Expecting). I think I read the breastfeeding section twice through because I am SO determined to be successful at that and I want to be armed with a huge arsenal of tips and pointers when I start. Steve and I also had a conversation about breastfeeding and how important it is to me and how he can best support me in that (Jordan wasn't breastfed and I don't think Steve realized how important it was to me). I have been thinking a lot about a birth plan but haven't gotten it onto paper yet.

I fall asleep every night on my left side, hugging a body pillow between my knees and slightly under my belly. During the night I flip quite a few times from left to right and back again and I am up at 3:00 every night to go pee.

I have gained around 22 pounds at this point and it's basically all in my belly. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment