Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

30 weeks


Week 30 has brought lots of new and not-so-exciting symptoms!

Peyton has been kicking my bladder a lot which not only results in frequent (and urgent!) bathroom trips, but I think her kicks are weakening my bladder because a couple of times now (thankfully while at home) I have sneezed and lost bladder control. ;) The first time it happened I seriously texted my cousin to tell her because I found it so funny.

I jumped into ANOTHER new bra size this week... I decided to buy nursing bras in the new size (38D - I started at a 36B) in the hopes that I will eventually settle into that size while nursing and can make good use of these bras. My sister told me, "Pregnancy sounds expensive!"

Peyton went through a growth spurt this week and I felt bigger by the end of the week.

Still dealing with acid reflux. I started taking an over-the-counter medicine to help with that and most of the time it works well.

My pregnant friends are dropping like flies! Only a few left now. :)

I slid into a bit of a pregnancy funk this week and felt like I needed a lot of encouragement and affirmation from Steve. I felt like I hit a "slow spot" or something and that a lot of days I was more uncomfortable than not and just didn't feel like being pregnant anymore. I tried to remind myself that this happened at my mid-20-week point too and that it will pass and it's getting closer and closer to the big day!

This week was also my baby shower. :) My mom threw it for me with the help of my sister and we had SO much fun. We did it "open house" style where people could just drop in and stay however long they wanted and this worked REALLY well. I also opened gifts as people arrived which meant that I didn't have to sit for an hour (or more) and this was an awesome idea. Instead of playing shower games we had people bring a blank onesie to decorate and we provided paint, ink and stamps, etc. for them to use for decorating the onesie. People were SO creative!
(I will add photos to this post because they can't possibly NOT be shared but I don't have them with me at the moment.)

No comments:

Post a Comment